Shrewsbury River Classic Festival Weather Update:

Just to keep you up to date with the current rain situation, at this moment in time we are still ON for next week. A final decision will be made tomorrow evening.
Personally, I think even though we have a large band of rain on Saturday we should be ok to go on Tuesday. It is a different situation compared with October 2019. At the moment the ground is dry after weeks of warm weather, the rivers are very low and so are the reservoirs about the Severn and Vyrnwy. I think the effect will not be as the river gauges suggest. We will have extra water of which will do some good but I am of the view it will be dropping as fast as it rises as there isn’t anything to hold it back. Let’s see what Friday brings. Please keep your eyes glued to this page tomorrow night. I will post as soon as I can.

With respect to the draw next week I am bringing the draw times forward to 8.30am and fishing 11.00 to 4.00.

Due to circumstances that have arisen I am short of two scales people. If anyone can help please contact me on 07980556498.

I shall publish the final list of entries and the competition rules tomorrow evening.

Andy Jones 🎣